Rental Income

The Smart, Affordable Rental
Income Tax Return Service

We Do The Work

If you earn rental income, we can help with your Self-Assessment and file an
income tax return for you. We provide a professional, affordable rental
income tax return service starting at €150 (+VAT).

Thank you for contacting us. Your form will be sent shortly.
Regards, team

There was an error sending your enquiry.
Please check that the email address you have entered is valid.

Simply complete our one page authorisation form and we’ll take it from there

Who must file a rental tax return?

If you receive income from rental properties or holiday homes, then you must declare these properties to Revenue and file a tax return related to any income earned from those rental properties.

  • Non Resident Landlords

    Should circumstances require you to move abroad and you intend on renting out your Irish property,
    you will be classified as a Non Resident Landlord (NRL).  There are particular rules for NRLs to ensure returns are submitted and non-compliance can have serious repercussions for both you and your tenants. has extensive experience helping NRLs remain tax compliant and updating foreign landlords of their obligations.

  • Irish Landlord

    If you obtain income from the rental of a property, this income must be declared to Revenue.
    We help clients who’ve intentionally purchased a rental property and ‘accidental landlords‘, due to a change in circumstances. If you are in a situation where the property is ‘loss making’, it is still beneficial to complete a return, as losses can be used to reduce future rental profits (see here). offer ongoing advice in relation to allowable expenses and revenue compliance, ensuring that you, the landlord, have peace of mind.

  • Foreign Properties

    If you own a property abroad and obtain a rental income from this property, then as an Irish Resident,
    this income is liable for Irish taxation.  The usual deductions (see here) are allowable with the addition of any local property taxes paid in the location of the property.

Free Consultation

What expenses can I write off?

There are many “Allowable Deductions” applicable to rental income tax which can be offset against your rental income. helps uncover what you can claim for and file your tax return for a low fee starting at just €150 (+VAT).

  • Mortgage Protection

    The policy has to relate to the specifically to the rented property.

  • Prior Year Losses

    Losses incurred in previous years can be used to offset current year profits.  However, the losses incurred have to be declared to revenue and ‘ring-fenced’.

  • Repairs and Maintenance of Property

    Provided these expenses were incurred specifically in relation to the rented property, they are allowable deductions.

  • Private Residency Tenancy Board

    This cost which is currently €90.00 is tax deductible.  More importantly it permits the landlord to claim the Mortgage Interest Relief allowance.

  • Accountancy Fees

    Accountancy fees are tax deductible, meaning that engaging the services of dev.selfemployed is an even more attractive option.

  • Mortgage Interest Relief

    A landlord can claim 75% of the Mortgage Interest paid on a rental property.  To do so, the landlord has to be registered with the Private Residential Tenancy Board (PRTB).

  • Property Management Services

    Engaging the services of a letting agent or a property management company are allowable expenses.

  • Capital Allowances

    This a relatively complicated allowance but it can be summarised as writing off the cost of wear and tear of furniture and equipment, provided by the landlord, over a period of 8 years as opposed to all at once.

  • Home Renovation Incentive Scheme

    Landlords can benefit from this scheme through their tax credits.  It relates to large scale construction work carried out after October 2014 on the rental property.

  • Insurance

    House Insurance related to the property is an allowable expense.

Why Us?

  • A tax deductible fee starting at €150 +VAT

  • Professional and efficient service

  • Experienced accountants processing your rental return

  • Initial registration for Income Tax

  • Experience helping previously undeclared landlords become tax compliant

  • Preparation of annual accounts relating to the property

  • Full compliance with all of Revenue’s requirements

  • Submission of Annual Return to Revenue

  • Advice and notification of budgetary changes and revenue practice that affect your tax position

  • Full review of any PAYE income you may have to maximise tax efficiency

  • Full Tax review of all income and professional advice regarding most efficient use of your tax credits

  • Notification prior to submission to Revenue of your liability or rebate not only helped me get a sizable tax rebate, but with their expert advice, made sure I avoided penalties and charges. Great advice, professional service, even better result! Now I don’t dread the thought of completing my income tax return.

Dara O’Donnell, Reluctant Landlord, Dublin

Your first consultation is free

We provide professional rental tax advice appropriate to your circumstances.

To get started call, email or fill out our online form and one of our rental income tax return specialists will let you know what information we need to complete your Self-Assessment and file your income tax return.

Then simply register with us and provide details on your income and expenses, and we’ll take it from there. No fuss. No hassle.

059 8634794

1 Leinster Street,
Athy, Co. Kildare

Thank you for contacting us. A member of our team will be in touch very shortly to discuss your query.

Regards, team

There was an error sending your enquiry. Please check all required fields have been filled.

MB Tax Refunds does not store your data or use it for marketing purposes.
Learn more about our data protection and privacy policies. is part of the MB Tax Refunds group who also operate Irish Tax Rebates. We not only offer income tax returns, but we can also help you to claim back any overpaid tax you are entitled to. So whether you are self-employed, have a second source of income or fall under PAYE, we can help you with your tax. Check out our website for more details

T: 059 8634794


A: 1 Leinster Street
Athy, Co. Kildare